Shall we start with a bit of educational fun?
The Agile Mindset starts with the Agile Values:
The opposite of Agile is rigid or bureaucratic.
Agile is more about being nimble than it is about speed.
An organisation which is Agile is able to:
Agile is a collection of ideas, frameworks and practices which include Scrum, Kanban, DevOps, Lean, Continuous Improvement, and so on. Many Agile professionals apply elements from more than one framework to get things done.
Having an Agile Mindset is the key. Following a framework too religiously almost always leads to problems. Some of the best Agile frameworks may have not yet been invented.
Agile was originally envisioned to deliver software. However it is a mindset which can applied to almost every aspect of business or life.
Scrum is a framework for getting complex problems solved and delivered at the highest possible value and get them delivered quickly.
End users and Feedback
1. User-centric, iterative, incremental, early delivery of Value with a fast feedback loop.
2. Building the right thing and building the thing right.
3. Empirical, evidence based decision making.
4. Transparency, a visible process, allowing for continuous Inspection and Adaptation.
Teamwork and team members
5. Collaborating, self-organising, cross-functional teams, supported by emotionally intelligent servant leaders.
6. Continuous improvement and continuous personal growth in a safe, exciting and motivating environment
7. Deliver early, deliver often. Delivering value, faster, better, more cost effectively.
8. Dealing with complexity and responding to change while reducing risk.
9. Start small. Experimenting and problem solving to reduce complexity and increase predictability.
Delivering what customers actually want and need
Delivering Value early and often
Increased morale and performance
Increased Cost Control
Increased Problem Solving Ability
Early Revenue Generation
Reduced time Financially "in the red"
Increased Responsiveness to Change
Using all the Brains in the Organisation